Terms & Conditions
Smith & George Ltd ("Smith&George", "we", "us", "our") owns and operates www.smithandgeorge.com ("website", "site"). This document governs your relationship with the website. Access to and use of this website and the products ("goods", "items") available through this website are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices. By using the website, you engage in our space and agree to be bound by the contract of the following Terms & Conditions ("Terms of Service", "Terms"). We have the right to revise, amend and update these terms from time to time. You are subject to the policies and terms in force when you process an order or you communicate with us via this website.
You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to the Terms. Access to this website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the goods without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts, or to the entire website.
By using this website, you consent to the processing described therein and warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
You must not misuse this website.
You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offence; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the website; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person's proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as 'spam'; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this website.
Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offence and Smith & George will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
We take seriously safety, thus the website complies with updated security measures. Therefore we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to the use of this website or by downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Intellectual Property, Software and Content
The intellectual property rights in all software and content (including photographic images) made available to you on or through this website remains the property of Smith & George and are protected by international copyright laws and treaties. You may store, print and display the content supplied solely for your own personal use.
Linking To This Website
Linking to our home page, provided it is done in a way that is fair, legal, does not damage our reputation, or take advantage of it, is OK. However a link established in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists, is forbidden.
Disclaimer as to ownership of trademarks, images of personalities and third party copyright
Except where expressly stated to the contrary all persons (including their names and images), third party trademarks and content, services and/or locations featured on this website are in no way associated, linked or affiliated with Smith & George and there should be no reliance on the existence of such a connection or affiliation.
Once under contract with Smith & George, an agreement to indemnity, defend and hold harmless Smith & George, its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates, from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from use of this website or breach of the Terms.
Variation of Product and the Website
Smith & George shall have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Goods offered and/or any page of this Website.
We put a lot of effort so we present our products as best as we can. However we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the colours, images and size of the products, as projected by your computer monitor's display. In some cases the size of the images are often enlarged on the product display menu to show the detail. The measurements and sizes stated on the individual product listings are more helpful to understand the dimension of the given product.
We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise, please inform us any complaints or comments by using the contact form or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If conditions are breached and no action is taken by us, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where these conditions are breached.
Terms of Sale
- All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price. Dispatch times may vary according to availability and subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible.
- In order to enter into a contract with Smith & George you must be 18 years of age or over, and possess any UK-issued credit/debit card. We also accept most international cards with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Maestro, Visa Electron or Vpay logo. The following card types are accepted: Credit, Corporate, Debit, Prepaid, Rewards.Alternatively a Bank Transfer payment option is also available.
- Smith & George retains the right to refuse any request made through the website. If an order is accepted, an email will be sent, confirming the order.
- When placing an order all details provided must be accurate, and the credit/debit card provided is used by an authorised user.
- All prices advertised are subject to the inevitable fluctuations of precious metals.
- When an order is placed, an acknowledgement email confirming receipt the order will be sent. This is only an acknowledgement email and does not constitute an acceptance of your order.
- A contract will not be formed until a confirmation email is sent that goods ordered have been dispatched.
- Only those goods listed in the confirmation email sent at the time of dispatch are included in the contract formed. Please keep your 'Confirmation of Order' email for your records.
Pricing, Charging and Availability
- Whilst we try to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices that appear on this website are accurate, errors may occur.
- If there is an error in the price of any goods which have been ordered we'll inform of this as soon as possible and give the option of reconfirming the order at the correct price, or cancelling it.
- If for any reason, we're unable to fulfil an order, notification by email will ensue. Although the Site is updated regularly, an out-of-stock item would prevent an order taking place. In the rare event that an item is out-of-stock but shows otherwise on the Site, contact is made and an immediate refund applied.
- In the event of a cancellation but already paid for goods, a full refund is administered.
- Delivery costs are additional. Thus additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable, and included in the 'Total Cost'. Delivery charges here.
- Please note that any duty/taxes incurred by overseas deliveries, are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
- All payment accepted by Smith & George is settled in GBP. Prices quoted are in GBP (£), EUR (€) and USD ($) and are inclusive of VAT. Non-GBP currency prices are estimated according to XE exchange rates. Customers proceeding with payment using non-GBP prices will be charged accordingly by their bank, where different bank exchange rates may apply.
- Upon receiving an order, payment is handled by Squareup Europe Ltd, a fully secured and certified payment provider, that carry out the standard authorisation check on the payment card used in order to ensure there are sufficient funds to fulfil the transaction.
- The card used is debited upon authorisation being received.
- The monies received are treated as a deposit against the value of the goods and services wishing to be purchased.
- Once the goods have been dispatched and a confirmation email has been sent, the monies paid as a deposit are used as consideration for the value of goods purchased, as listed in the confirmation email.
Cancellations, Returns, Refunds and Exchanges
- Smith & George prides itself on its exacting standards, in both products sold and services delivered. In the unlikely event that a purchase is not a satisfactory one, please notify us by email at email@example.com or by using our contact form.
- If, after payment, an order is to be cancelled, please contact us as soon as possible.
- We do not accept returns, or offer refunds, on earrings and toe rings due to reasons of hygiene.
- An order may be cancelled thirty-one days from receiving the goods. Please read our Returns Policy.
Defective or Damaged Goods
- Should a product that is damaged arrive, or not what was ordered, please contact us as soon as possible, preferably within 48 hours, so we can resolve the issue.
- Smith and George offers a replacement / repair service for jewellery purchased from our website. Please also refer to our Return policy.
Law & Jurisdiction
Contracts for the purchase of products through this website, along with any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. If you are a consumer this does not affect your right to bring proceedings in the country where you live.
The above Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between the buyer and Smith & George.
The most current version of Terms and Conditions can be viewed at any time at this page. Smith & George reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the Website.
It is a personal responsibility to check the website periodically for changes.Continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to these Terms and Conditions constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Any questions about the Terms should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to us via our contact form here.
By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on, and subject to, the following terms and conditions:
- This website must not be framed on any other site, nor may a link be created to any part of this website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- All trademarks/names featured on this website are owned by the respective trade mark owners. Where a trade mark or brand name is referred to it is used solely to describe or identify the products and services and is in no way an assertion that such products or services are endorsed by or connected to Smith & George.
- An that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party and will not contain libellous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website.
- Every product listed at the website is displayed as accurately as possible.
end of Terms & Conditions